This sampling of student tastes comes straight from the Cougareat, where BYU Magazine surveyed 100 lunchtime BYU students. The results, while neither statistically significant nor sound, reveal a few fun facts about student life.
Of the group surveyed:
• 55 of the students owned an mp3 player. 80 percent of those owned iPods.
• Half of freshmen owned iPods, compared to only one-third of sophomores.
• 53 percent of females owned iPods, compared to only 37 percent of males.
• BA candidates who owned iPods: 33 percent; BS candidates: 47 percent; undecided: 57 percent.
• Of those who owned an iPod, 48 percent owned the standard iPod, 18 percent owned the iPod nano, and 11 percent owned the iPod shuffle.
• 32 percent of owners reported feeling more cool when listening to their iPods.