Looking Back: Cougarettes and Mandolins
Above: The Cougarettes perform in the Smith Fieldhouse in 1953. Originally established in 1946, the Cougarettes were first considered a “marching group” rather than a dance troupe. Below: In 1907 the BYU Mandolin and Guitar Club was led by Ernest D. Partridge (1901), front row, fifth from left. According to contemporary accounts, the club’s repertoire included dance music.