125 years ago: As the number of Brigham Young Academy students increases, Harvey Cluff, Myron Tanner, and Wilson H. Dusenberry—the executive committee of the board—personally cover costs for a two-room addition to the Lewis Building.
100 years ago: More than 1,600 students, teachers, and friends participate in the Jan. 16, 1908, dedication of Temple Hill as the site for the “University of Zion.” They form a huge block Y, and Church President Joseph F. Smith offers the prayer of dedication.
50 years ago: Ground is broken for the Old Y Bell Shrine at the top of the stairs leading from the Smith Fieldhouse to upper campus.
25 years ago: The BYU Spanish Department and Humanities Research Center prepare a Spanish topical guide for the Church’s standard works.
10 years ago: A dance at the Marriott Center ends abruptly when the large number of students dancing causes six cracks in the playing floor.