1. Before the current project began, how many attempts were made to renovate or reconstruct the academy buildings?
2. What portion of the brickwork on the new Academy Building consists of original brick?
3. What will be the square footage of the new library facility?
4. What is the total estimated project cost for renovating the Academy Building?
5. How much money was raised privately to fund the project?
Answers for Structural Stats:
Lower Campus: 1. four (the Education Building , College Hall , the Training Building , and the Arts Building ); 2. $100,000; 3. $56,000; 4. red (Shingles for the recently completed restoration were purchased from the same supplier used in 1891; the supplier still had the original order on file.); 5. Joseph Don Carlos Young, son of Brigham Young.
Academy Square: 1. 11; 2. 100 percent (75 to 80 percent from the original Education Building; the rest from the Training School Building, demolished in 1997); 3. 97,000 gross square feet; 4. about $22 million; 5. about $6 million, donated by eight major donors and more than 2,000 other people.