Rachel Grant (’11) is preparing for the Hong Kong Olympic Trials and the chance to join the Hong Kong delegation of Olympic athletes in the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing.
• Competes in the individual medley (IM) and the butterfly.
• Already has a Hong Kong Olympic qualifying time in the 400-meter IM and is 0.1 second off a qualifying time in the 200-meter butterfly.
• Traveled to Hong Kong twice last summer to train with the national team.
• Born in Hong Kong and holds dual citizenship in the United States.
• Was a High School All-American all four years at Walnut High School in Walnut, Calif.
• Set a new BYU record at altitude (meaning at 4,000 feet above sea level or higher) in the 200-yard butterfly (2:01.86) this year—as a freshman.
• Set a BYU and MWC record in the 400-yard IM (4:12.94) at the MWC championships, helping the Cougar women place first overall.